Friday, February 26, 2010

Why do we even study Maths??


Hiiloo A here,

I'm sorry if this post hurts the sentiments of you maths lovers (and you Ee)!

So... I was like sitting in front of the maths book, trying to figure out how to those damn triangles could have same areas and wondering why do we even study maths?? I mean... WHY?? Why do we have to go through the torture when we're never ever gonna use these things in our lives...



Here are the reasons I think maths is totally, completely, absolutely, truly irrelevant waste of time:-

  • Do you mathematicians really think that we'll need to prove those two triangles are congruent when ITS OBVIOUS JUST BY LOOKING AT IT!!!??
  • Why the hell do we calculate the amount of cardboard needed by so and so for making 10 pencil stands?? It's their headache! and we don't care... make 10 or 1000 pen stands... They are the ones who have to pay for the cardboard! :P
  • I DON'T wanna know if (x-1) is a factor of that equation! Nor does anyone else!!
  • If finding out that angle makes the teacher's happy... Why don't they get their own protractors and measure them... Easy! Bet they never thought of that!
  • No need to prove if the serving bowl is hemisphere or not... For heaven's sake it's meant for eating and not giving innocent children nightmares! (courtesy Ee)
  • Why why why do we need to find out if the shopkeeper made profit or had a loss?? Why don't we ask him instead??
  • No need to calculate how many squares is the keyboard made up of... We're gonna write that shit anyways!! (again courtesy Ee)
  • We don't care and we're never gonna care how many litres of whatever can be filled inside that sphere!
  • I never figured out the use of segments and chords in a circle!

So... Tell us what do you think? I hate MATHS!

Peace,
A

That's me, A, waving to you all!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! I also hate math, but I hate commerce more! So will have to have it till I do my PhD! :P

HAHA! Nice post by the way! :D

Anonymous said...

Some things count in life, Math prepares you to know the difference.

StinkyCrazyWolf said...

So Mr./ Ms. Anonymous... You're probably right... But nothing can change the truth... Maths if aweful!
And Manav, Thanks!
A (and from Ee too)

umashankar said...

Even if you run away from Maths, Maths is required to compute the distance you've run!

Snow Leopard said...

Haha.....quite funny. You are a serious maths hater it seems.
I agree with anonymous that maths prepares you. You see everything is possible because of maths. Anyway, it gets better if you pursue it further. Trust me I have studied higher maths in college and it is even more brain exploding.

Post a Comment